My Little Sim Corner

Hi to everyone and Welcome to my little sim corner of the web world! I have decided to make an attempt to keep all of my Sim interests and sim creations here. I know it's not much yet, but hopefully eventually it will have enough for you to enjoy your visit!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Sims2 challenge- Womens' Rights

My friend Steph over at tss found this great sims2 challenge so we're going to give it a go! You can find all of the rules and guidelines here:
http://sims2challenges.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2007-05-22T17%3A41%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=3&reverse-paginate=true

I have never done a sims2 legacy type challenge so this should prove quite interesting? I did think about adapting it to sims3 but that seemed like an awful lot of work! I think this will be much easier to play out in the isolated worlds of sims2!  I chose to incorporate some of the basic legacy rules into the challenge too.

I created an empty world using the Three Lakes template because I absolutely love that world!! I do love how much easier it is to build a little world in sims2 than with the sims3! Ok, I got the empty world, added some trees and such, will eventually work on prettying up the North Woods. I put down a 5x5 lot for my founding family to start their legacy on
My founding couple? Please meet Jasper and Julia Jacks!
Now, Jasper Jacks, he's a hard working fellow who takes life pretty seriously. He's not much for socializing so he's quite happy up here in the wilderness. He spent most of his life savings on this piece of Northwoods gold in the hopes of building a legacy to pass on to future generations! Only problem was... there was no one help him with that family plan? In fact, there was no one for miles and miles and miles? He started askin around to other lumberjacks, then finally wrote home inquiring about possibilities? And, that is how he ended up with Julia, his Mail Order Bride!! His family assured him that she came from good sturdy stock and would be the perfect wife... Hmmmmm that remains to be seen?

Julia has a few little secrets- she can't cook, doesn't care much for cleaning, and loves a full social calendar? She also enjoys a good dirty joke now and then... In fact, she might find this whole situation quite hilarious if it weren't her in the starring role? Ahhhhh all because of a silly misunderstanding and rumor about how someone thought they saw her out behind the barn with a hired hand... Psssshawwwww on that!! So what if she was out there, it was all innocent! Well, her family didn't think so and when their neighbors mentioned that their son, Jasper was lookin for a wife, they jumped on the chance to offer her up no questions asked?!! Now, that didn't seem quite fair to her... Neither did the fact that they actually paid Jasper to take her! They also informed her that she better make this work and try to come running on home either cause she wouldn't be welcome without a husband!  Great, now unless she wanted to try her hand at some less than desirable employment such as ummmm saloon girl or washer woman, she was pretty well stuck here.

They're off to a rather grim start. Jasper was less than impressed with Julia's attempt at humor
Will they survive the first few days together, let alone the first months?

No comments:

Post a Comment